1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Sliding window Leak

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by JerseyCruiser, Aug 25, 2006.

1. JerseyCruiser

JerseyCruiser

I have a 93 TLC with leaking rear sliders. I have removed the leaking belt trim in font of the windows and have sealed them with tape for now. I still have a leak do I need to replace the entire rubber seal around both windows or is somthing else leaking and can it be sealed. I also must note that the sliders are very hard to slide back-and-forth.

Thanx
    George

2. DanKunz

DanKunz SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    Do you have a factory roof rack or did you remove it?

Sounds like just the window, but possible to have leaky roof rack mount holes.

I would replace the seals and see what happens since that seems the most likely cause.

3. JerseyCruiser

JerseyCruiser

I have the factory rack still up there. When its leaking I can reach up and feel the water right below the sliders. Would the roof rack leak in the same place if the water runs down? The headliner is dry.

4. dfmorse

dfmorse

5. SOCALFJ

SOCALFJ

Link doesnt work.

6. drsales

drsales

Is there water in the well underneath the window? If so the beauty strip outside could be leaking. Look up underneath on the inside of the wheel well, there are snap fittings holding the strip remove and seal with a urethane/silicone sealant.

7. JerseyCruiser

JerseyCruiser

8. Little Boss

Little Boss

leaky rear sliders

See if this link works. my pics were only part of my trucks problem. After I fixed the bottom trim piece, my leak wasn't gone. I removed the inner panels in the rear compartment and found there was still a leak which dripped in and hit the jack and ran onto the floor. The solution was to remove the rear vent on the window with the flapper assembly. Clean and seal the heck out of it. The drivers side was my only issue. passenger side fine so far except small amount of water through the spot where the plastic studs go through the body to hold the fender on. I also had a cracked rear side marker on the drivers side. It too let water in. Go figure.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=28143

Teresa

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">