Rear sill sticker discussion thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

oregon fj

Serial rescuer of old vehicles
Threads
The first of my new repro sill stickers are in the hands of Mudders, and I received a question asking where the "correct" location on the sill might be.

My initial thoughts on that are that a.) there's a good chance that they weren't all in exactly the same location; and b.) that there could also be additional variation depending on the rig - i.e. my FST might not be the same as a hardtop, and certainly not applicable to any 45.

So I thought I'd start a thread where anyone who has enough left of their factory applied sticker to get measurements could share with the group. We may well find out that there was no consistency, and most anywhere on the left side of the sill is fine. But we won't know that until we share.

Please note the year and build month (if known) as well as the model and any config info (e.g. ambi doors, barn doors, drop tailgate, etc.).

later5-jpg.1650821

Last edited:
I'll go first.

Early '64 FJ40 FST, drop tailgate. Apparent build date May '63.

Factory sticker was butted up to the grommet for the license plate light wiring, just to the right of the grommet.

Measured at bottom edge of sticker 5 mm (approx. 3/16") up from bottom of sill.

Left edge was 275mm (approx. 10 13/16") to the right of the weld between the sill and quarter panel.

Painted over factory sticker

Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 9.45.02 AM.png

Final prototype sticker in place

IMG_1024.jpg

Using the center 4 bolts as reference, mine is similar, although a hard top.
20180305_193237.jpg

So far, it looks like all of them were stuck low on the sill, and the right edge of the sticker always appears to be just a bit to the left of the left hitch bolt holes. Actually far more consistent than I would have guessed.

The 5th and final batch is now in production. It gets harder to find homes for each ensuing batch, so I do not expect to make any more after this batch. See the thread linked in last post for details.

Still 6 left. Considering the difficulty in selling these, I'm thinking the market is pretty much saturated. There definitely will not be any more after these 6 are gone. Too hard to sell. Get them while you can.

Sold out again.

While there are no plans for additional batches, you can PM or reply to the sales thread in the Small Business area as a "waiting list". Will need confirmed order of 8 or so to proceed with another batch.

Last edited:
i picked up a few to go with the one i already had..that way i have one to put on annie and the 45 for now and one to put on if i ever do a resto on them both.
20190406_183209.jpg

I'm a bit surprised, the wait list for another batch is filling fast. Only need 2-3 more to make anther bunch possible.

Please refresh my memory. What’s the price point?

Wait list full, next batch in production, a small number of extras coming soon. Place your order before they are sold out again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom