Rear Sill FJ40 Replacement Montgomery AL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm looking to have the rear sill replaced on my 1978 FJ40 and then have the interior Linexed. I can't seem to find anyone to take my money and do the work! I've been to multiple body shops in town and nobody is interested.

I have the replacement part from CCOT and will likely follow up with some additional body work in the future. Can someone put me in contact with a guy who can do bodywork on an old cruiser?

Prolly gonna have to find a fabricator to do it for you. I've found that Body Shops are nowadays wrapped up in "Insurance Work Only" and not really interested in folks coming in with cash for service. It's odd, but that seems to be what I've run in to.
Also, try the "shady looking" shops. They tend to take cash still... been my experience up here in b'ham.

I called a dozen shops down here in the Pensacola area. No one wanted a thing to do with restoration work. Like stated above they want insurance work for big easy money.
I found a guy searching craigslist for welders in my area. It's been a dream, he welds professionally for his day job and on the weekends works on my cruiser. I'll post up his contact info once I get my cruiser back, but he was looking for more fun projects like my cruiser.

I would check craigslist if I were you or google restoration or body work for your area. I found a Porsche restoration garage that I was going to go to but he was quoting me a year turn around for my replacement rockers and floorpan so I kept looking.
Lots of people told me to learn how to weld when I was asking about finding a welder but for me during the next two years with work that's not an option. I could have bought a good welder and tools for what I paid :(

It's crazy that I'm having this much trouble finding someone to throw my money at! I'm finally ready to start getting some work done and now I can't find anybody to do it LOL... I don't have the expertise, time or tools to do the work myself.

All good, I'll get it done, just surprised it is taking this long to find someone to knock out such "simple" items.

Butch

There is a shop in east Tallassee that may be able to it. I drive by the place all the time and it looks like a hot rod type shop that does non-stock work. It's on Hwy 14, don't know the name but can get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom