Rear side window cargo inserts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i've seen lots of pics of the rear side windows with what looks like a ? metal cargo type carrier insert almost like for molle webbed items...not sure what they are called...looks like a place to hang extra stuff on the inside near the back. anyone know what they are called or where i can pick some up?

Both look like good options. I've been eyeing a set of these the last few weeks. What are you using for attachments @OB-1 ? I was thinking of some quick-fists to hold things like a shovel and trail tools, but haven't found the right mount for the molle panel.

I would love to pick one of these up for the drivers side but I'm just feeling some kind of way about drilling into the rear panel. :confused:

I would love to pick one of these up for the drivers side but I'm just feeling some kind of way about drilling into the rear panel. :confused:

This is exactly why I haven't yet. Haven't gotten over the drilling through panels yet.

Both look like good options. I've been eyeing a set of these the last few weeks. What are you using for attachments @OB-1 ? I was thinking of some quick-fists to hold things like a shovel and trail tools, but haven't found the right mount for the molle panel.

So far I have only mounted items with molle webbing, but will need to figure out a way to mount fire extinguisher, etc.

The version I have does not require drilling and bolting the bottom, so I have to be careful not to mount too much or too heavy. He does sell a heavy duty version for those that want to mount heavier items.

So far I have only mounted items with molle webbing, but will need to figure out a way to mount fire extinguisher, etc.

The version I have does not require drilling and bolting the bottom, so I have to be careful not to mount too much or too heavy. He does sell a heavy duty version for those that want to mount heavier items.

Something like this might work for you: Fire Extinguisher MOLLE Pouch - Medium

How does it attach at the bottom? The pics on his site aren't very clear between the heavy duty and light versions?

I'm good with smaller items, first aid kit, flash light, etc. Do you have any pics of your install?

How does it attach at the bottom? The pics on his site aren't very clear between the heavy duty and light versions?

I'm good with smaller items, first aid kit, flash light, etc. Do you have any pics of your install?

I'll take some pictures when I get home.

These look cool but my issue is as far as I can tell they don’t seem to actually make use of that space. They sit several inches inboard of the window so all your pouches and things effectively eat into your cargo space. I would love one that mounts very close to the window so attachments don’t stick out past the rear pillar.

I’ve kicked around the idea of eventually replacing one rear window with a cargo box that makes use of that space but that seems like a project and a half.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom