Rear Shocks for 3" lift 94FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Deathvalleypaul

FJ80 Collector
SILVER Star
Threads
What shocks will work well that don't cost $100 a piece?? All I have found so far are the OME 60071L . I am installing J springs on the back, and anticipate around a 3" lift rear.

I would run a 10 inch travel shock
You should look at the shocks from Ironman
I think that they are reasonable
I run BDS shocks, it is not the stock setup, but I have had good luck with them in the past and on the 80
I think they run about $50-60 each

I'm running Doetsch shocks on a J spring lift ... so far so good.

What shocks will work well that don't cost $100 a piece?? All I have found so far are the OME 60071L . I am installing J springs on the back, and anticipate around a 3" lift rear.

I am running the 851 & 863 lift (I believe) and have Doetsch Tech all around. Ran me about $280 for a set of 4 shipped. I deal directly with Doetsch Tech (Phone: 619-442-7300) and I love them to death! They are well build, well engineered, have an incredible feel and I even have my front sway bar off and they handle the truck so well it's not even funny! I have had them on a 1994 Toyota DX, 1985 4Runner and now my 1993 FZJ80.

I wouldn't run anything else IMHO!

John

P.S. - Just make sure you have some details of the specific lift you are going to install, the compression and droop of the axle and the weight of the vehicle. You will be amazed at how stout these 8000 series are!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom