Rear shock mounts and u-bolt plates... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so what have you all done for rear lower shock mounts? I'd like to keep the top mounts intact but would prefer to loose the orig u-bolt plates as they are getting rusted thin in the middle and I have these wonderful skid plate things!!!

Storyline here

I bought a set of those ubolt skidplates for the front and rear of my truck. I had a set of four shock pins (weld on bolts) sent along with them. While debating on the rear setup (several times apart but put back orig plates), I bit the bullet and welded the pins on parellel to the axle.

I didn't do any mock up and was a bit careless I'd quess. End result the rear shocks will not line up at the bottom properly. I might be able to get them on with a BFH and not bushing! The pin or shock mount bolt should be perpindicular to the axle for a reasonably good fit.

has anyone tackled this situation? Thanks Ken

Fab a new lower mount....really not that big of a deal.

Been done before....

Home brew flip kit as well...

GarageKam07-06-03-13.jpg

:beer:

Thanks Steve, Is that mounted to the plate on the axle? I thought about welding some angle iron onto the skid plate thingy and then welding that pin on there but seems like alot of complication... I'm trying to talk myself out of bolting the old ones back on and not making a huge deal out of this as I normally do!

It is just a piece of 3/8" thick flat steel welded to the rear of the spring perch...the 'shock pin' is a 5/8" grade 8 bolt, with a metal locking nut.

Very simple bud.

:beer:

Thanks Steve, this seems like the esay way out! I got my new driveshaft from tom wood. It looks pretty nice.
I'll be posting up pics in a thread of my progress since the start in 05. I'm going to try and make this happen within a week or two. I think I may need to renew my star here at mud though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom