rear shackle hanger f-up! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I removed the rear shackle hangers to relocate them forward almost 2 inches to get the correct shackle angle. But to be able to move them forward and keep them centered on the frame i had to move both of them outwards, away from the frame side to side,about 5/8" each to keep them centered in the frame since the frame bends slightly outward towards the rear. Didnt really notice until i was done drilling of course. I figure it will wear my bushings faster than i want. Any ideas what to do? Just leave them? Or elongate the holes, slide them inwards towards eachother and weld them on along with bolts?? Not gonna be able to sleep tonight:doh:

i'd go ahead and fix em'. i don't want to tell you how many times i have welded and then cut off various hangers and braces, plates.... redo it, you'll be happy and be able to sleep at night.:cheers:

The other problem is that if i move them closer to the center of the vehicle, the hole is on the edge of the framerail, not enough meat to trust.

Were you going to bolt them in place to verify their location before you weld?

You prob. already know this, but your final setup may require longer shackles...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom