Rear seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried the search allready! Has anyone fooled around and got them to recline back. Sure would be nice even though i'm never sitting in them, but for passengers. Seems like Toyota would have gotten that from the start. :cheers:

Man-a-fre used to sell them. I thought about buying them a while back for $99. Discontinued now so need to find another vendor also.

Several pages back 20 or so, someone took apart the hinge and hacked off the tab that prevents them from reclining....If you find it...post on it and bring it back up front...I'd like to do it as well

Jeff

It was Scott Miller. Do a search using his ID.

If any of you is closed by - I could take mine out so that you'd experiment it; been wanting to do this but no time yet :(

Frank.

Here are the center and middle row seat hinges. The stops are marked with red X's. I ground the heads off this side and the pins fell out. They won't fall out if you grind off the other side :mad:

The middle seats have no stops between the normal, upright position and full recline. The seat backs almost hit the 3rd row seat bottom at full recline. They recline a little with the 3rd row stowed up.

The 3rd row has adjustments all the way to full recline. Full recline sticks out past the tailgate a bit. This was an easy mod, four hex-head bolts on each hinge. I burned up my $17 angle grinder, but there's a Craftsman Professional under the tree :D

Not quite for sleeping, but the kids really like it for long drives.

sorry to hi-jack this thread,but a quick ? for Scott.......

those two-tone seats are on your 97 40th version cruiser, right?

mine are all tan(96,but the doors are two-tone)and i was really liking the way your two-tone interior looked....

thats all folks,back to your regularly scheduled thread......

thanks
doug

>those two-tone seats are on your 97 40th version cruiser, right?

Yeah, my wife didn't like them, that helped me get the 40th W/lockers.

>are those square things on the side of the roof ffor your stereo?

Speakers. Same on my wife's '97.

Scott

Do you have picture of the middle row seats reclining to their full position w/o the third row seats?

Thanks

Joe

Woah, i've always wondered about this. Thanks.
Just one ques though. Can a bolt be put in to not get the full recline on the 2nd row?? Like go half way then what you did?? Also, does is still stay in the full up right position when you want it to, or does it only stay all the way down or all the way folded?? Thanks.

I think you could put a stop in for less recline, but even at full up there's not much knee room in the 3rd row. I don't think it'd be useful.

When raising the seatback to vertical from recline or folded, the teeth in the hinge snap in as normal and keep it upright. The seatback adjust lever must be pulled to lower or recline the seat from upright.

The pin which is removed has two diameters which is why Scott is saying they can only be removed from one direction. I used a small cutoff wheel on my dremel tool and cut the pins in half where the diameter changes. I think that is a lot easier than using a grinder. I had all four seats done in 30 minutes or less.

[quote author=ppc link=board=2;threadid=8647;start=msg74649#msg74649 date=1071179738]I used a small cutoff wheel on my dremel tool and cut the pins in half where the diameter changes.[/quote]
I figured I'd go through a few abrasive disks doing it that way, didn't try it. Grinding went fast, even with a really cheap grinder and wheel.

Scott,

I use the ones that are reinforced and larger (1.5"). Those last a lot longer and are much stronger than than the little ones you get 30 in a little tube. The cost about $0.75 each but doing those four cuts didn't reduce their size very much.

Mahalos guys. I took out the third row and figured it out. I only need to cut that pin now. I guess the hardest part for me is putting that handle back into the plastic thing that covers it all. Thanks again...

Scott,
That's sweet man! Talkin' about pimpin'. Do you have the left or right lean thing going on when you drive? I guess now the whole family can be pimpin'. We just might see that baby on MTV cribs one day. :D

On a serious note, that looks like something i might attempt this weekend if it's not raining. ??? I do really like the two-toned seats as well. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom