Rear Seatbelts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 1976 FJ55 with lap belts in the back. Seems they are all a bit small and don't fit around people. (did they make people smaller in 1976 ???) I am looking into the ease and possibility of installing retractable shoulder and lap belts in the back. Have any of you done this before? Is it safe and are parts/kits available to do this?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :D

Also, my son will be here in a few months and so I need to strap the youngsters seat in as well :D This kid better be cool! He has already cost me my custom expedition bumper!!! :D Guess a nice pottery barn crib will have to suffice! Too bad the wife wouldn't go for a padded tub :cheers:

I think I saw a roof-rack around here somewhere that works perfect for kids...

I recommend some really sturdy bungy cords though. Those kids can really start to move on the trail!

D

Dan,

I think the child carrier type car seats for newborns are okay with just a lap belt (check the instructions!!!) which should buy you about a year's time.

Don't think you can install shoulder belts in a 76 without some drilling/bolting/welding, but I'm not familiar with the 55 series.

Good luck with everything, and get used to givin' up all your s*** for your kids (it's worth it, though :D ).

Dan just make sure he can see you shiftin gears so he learns quick. :0)

Once off the highway I was thinking of strapping him to the front bumper so he could learn to read the lines :D Ohhh :slap: Honey I was just kidding!!! I would never do that :D

Just wait until he's about 13 and you won't be kidding any longer! ;)

Yea, if he takes after his old man I will be using him as stop blocks ona steep hill!!

I don't see why you couldn't buy a used set of retractables from an FJ-60. Check the FS and Wanted. Just bolt in a set from a 60. May as well keep it in the family. My 60 retractables woork fine with my junior rock crawlers.

the B and C pillers wont be braced for them unless they came with it from the factory... so the would be worse than stock cause they would just rip out in a wreck, or you could put a cage in there and mount them to it :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom