Rear seatback release mechanism removal (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am currently refreshing my 60’s seats with seats and fabric from a junkyard 62 that had good donor fabric. I was shipped the entire seats, but unfortunately, the release mechanism on the 62 seat has broken handles on both sides. I’d like to pull the mechanism out of the seats from my 60 and swap it into the seat from the 62 that has headrests and good fabric. Really, all I’m interested in is the handles, so if there is a way to just swap those over, I’m up for that too.
2A6FF7D9-544D-4D45-A65D-021685DDBA04.jpeg
82E1F1EE-A502-478E-89B0-5525DA894407.jpeg

I figured it out, it seems like this is the solution about 90% of the time I can’t tell what is going on. There is a C-clip on the inside of the seatback between the fabric and the metal frame. After removing that, just pull out the handle and replace everything. There is a spring that slots inside the handle and plastic covering to make the handle return to position. Hope that helps anyone else who is confused by this.
1446E573-D52F-4FD4-9F8C-1D69BF72856F.jpeg
0A932A9D-877C-424A-BC78-B63EA5280BCF.jpeg
130300CE-4D3F-4CEF-8706-9BF4E1D1A0FC.jpeg

Thanks for this.

I am planning to swap 62 seat backs into my 60 for similar reasons (headrests). Where did you find yours? Cruiserparts or an actual junkyard?

Actual junkyard in Wisconsin (Rocki Top Auto Salvage in case there is anything else left on that rig worth snagging). Saw a listing on eBay and decided to check if they had them on a self-hosted site. Ended up picking up the full rear bench and a passenger seat with headrests and nearly no rips except a small hole in the vinyl for the rear bench bottom. Somehow freight shipping was included.

I would say that whole endeavor was a homerun, but I had already gotten ripped off by a guy on Facebook Marketplace for the same stuff, so effectively I paid twice as much. Still beat the SOR price though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom