rear seat shoulder belts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

workingdog

GOLD Star
Threads
I had read the thread about using the Beams belts for rear seat shoulder belts. But I've used Beams belts a few times and never liked them - very jerky with poor action. I had also purchase from CCOT a set of shoulder belts for my JF40 that I liked a lot, so I decided to try to install them in my FJ60, and it worked pretty well.

I mounted the retractors in using the holes under the C pillar trim above the wheel well, on the drivers side some wires run through it as well. I chose to make that hole a little lower so that the retractor sat in the correct spot. The end bolts to where the lap belt retractor bolted and the latch bolts where the original latch bolted. An upgrade is the plastic sleeve the latch sits in - definitely an improvement over the floppy stock lap belt.

Here are the obligatory pictures, if I uploaded them correclty
IMG_0229.jpg
IMG_0231.jpg
IMG_0226.jpg

Anybody tried using shoulder belts off of other makes/models? Just curious if that could be an option?

I used the rear shoulder belts from a 4 door sidekick. they bolt into the hole in the pillar as it uses a meteric bolt and clips into the stock landcruiser female end. I had to notch out the hole for the retractor and dill a mounting hole. I used custom plate washers inside and out to spread the load. works well but I have only done one I need to find the drivers side belt to do it too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom