Rear seat heaters inop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LvCruiserNewb

SILVER Star
Threads
Rear seat heaters on my 2018 dont get warm. Light turns on on the rear control panel when you press the high or low button but no heat. Anyone else see this before? Dealer is calling in a case to Toyota they told me as they have no idea. I presume they checked the fuse. But it should be noted that the dealer also told me that they were unable to turn the air conditioner off. I had to tell them they had to turn the cool box off first. The dealer didn't even know that.

Anyone experienced rear seat heater issues on a 2018? Only threads I found on here were for front heaters and older models.

Rear seat heaters on my 2018 dont get warm. Light turns on on the rear control panel when you press the high or low button but no heat. Anyone else see this before? Dealer is calling in a case to Toyota they told me as they have no idea. I presume they checked the fuse. But it should be noted that the dealer also told me that they were unable to turn the air conditioner off. I had to tell them they had to turn the cool box off first. The dealer didn't even know that.

Anyone experienced rear seat heater issues on a 2018? Only threads I found on here were for front heaters and older models.

I have no idea - I own a 2013 LC that does not have rear seat heaters and I'm not familiar with the rear seat heaters in your 2018.

But that's not going to stop me from offering an opinion!

Most systems like this, e.g. heated steering wheel, will not function unless the air temp is below a certain level. Too warm and the heater will not get warm. Could this be the case with your rear seat heaters?

HTH

I have no idea - I own a 2013 LC that does not have rear seat heaters and I'm not familiar with the rear seat heaters in your 2018.

But that's not going to stop me from offering an opinion!

Most systems like this, e.g. heated steering wheel, will not function unless the air temp is below a certain level. Too warm and the heater will not get warm. Could this be the case with your rear seat heaters?

HTH

Front seats get scalding hot when turned on at the same time. I asked dealer what the thermostats for the seat heaters were set to and they had no idea. I'm an electrical engineer, there's not too much to a heater circuit for crying our loud. But no way I'm tearing apart a brand new under warranty truck just because the dealer doesn't know how to fix it. It's both rears and they are on separate control switches so that tells me it almost has to be the supply power. I can't imagine what else would be a common point between both rear heaters. And dealer swore the fuse was good. Guess I'll go Google search what fuse it is and look myself. Trust but verify is a lesson I've learned too many times kn my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom