Rear Seat decal location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The very last thing to bolt on to my 8 year resto mod on my 1968 40 are the rear bench seats and I cannot find any info or pix of where the Decals are located on the early long seats.
they are completly restored and waiting for that info so I can finally call this job Finished !!!!!, I hope ?????
Someone have the answer ????
Thanks

No answer. Just two questions. Where did you find the labels and are they available for different model years?

These long jump seats appear to have the sticker or the sticker remnants at the center of the back, about half-way down.
ebay 004.jpg

ebay 005.jpg

The very last thing to bolt on to my 8 year resto mod on my 1968 40 are the rear bench seats and I cannot find any info or pix of where the Decals are located on the early long seats.
they are completly restored and waiting for that info so I can finally call this job Finished !!!!!, I hope ?????
Someone have the answer ????
Thanks
Did you purchase repro or new stickers ? Can you advise on how to get them ?

v6sCGiB_d.jpg

Bought my 9/67 (68 model) in 1974. Do not remember any sticker on the jump seats. Only used for a couple of years before being pull in favor of Bronco rear bench seat. Then short jump seats with a 79 roll bar. Still have the jump seats that are still original.

IMG_20200206_141423772.jpg

The original was a paper tag attached with a light adhesive. An inspection tag by the seat manufacturer, Marutaka. They weren't intended for the long term, although some were apparently attached better than others. Originals on the jump seats were centered on the back, half-way down or near the bottom. With the hard top on, they were not visible through the side window.

Repros I've seen were vinyl stickers. Not seeing any currently available. Shouldn't be too difficult to mock up a paper version.

The date was stamped in yy mm dd format, where year is the Showa year. Showa year 55 is 1980.
80 Feb - Racer65.JPG

The periods between the numbers were pre-printed, not part of the stamp.
Jump Seat 76 - bottom closeup - small.jpg

The tags were also on the bottom of the metal panel on the back of the driver/passenger seat.
76 - LCN b.jpg

Translated, MtK is the Marutaka mark.
Jump Seat Decal - translation.jpg

Not clear when the MtK tag started, although they appear to have been phased out in the early 80's. Have only seen one version of the MtK tag. The tags below were on seat cushion bottoms on FJ25 and very early 40s, although these appear to be from a different supplier.
20200821_175435-crop.jpg

The original was a paper tag attached with a light adhesive. An inspection tag by the seat manufacturer, Marutaka. They weren't intended for the long term, although some were apparently attached better than others. Originals on the jump seats were centered on the back, half-way down or near the bottom. With the hard top on, they were not visible through the side window.

Repros I've seen were vinyl stickers. Not seeing any currently available. Shouldn't be too difficult to mock up a paper version.

The date was stamped in yy mm dd format, where year is the Showa year. Showa year 55 is 1980. View attachment 2639344

The periods between the numbers were pre-printed, not part of the stamp.
View attachment 2639348

The tags were also on the bottom of the metal panel on the back of the driver/passenger seat.
View attachment 2639370

Translated, MtK is the Marutaka mark.
View attachment 2639352

Not clear when the MtK tag started, although they appear to have been phased out in the early 80's. Have only seen one version of the MtK tag. The tags below were on seat cushion bottoms on FJ25 and very early 40s, although these appear to be from a different supplier.
View attachment 2639386
This is great info thank you so much. I will use this info to date my repo stamps

Rainy afternoon, ripped out a cleaned up version (of the newer flavor?) digitally. Since they're just paper as OEM, you could just probably print them out and use a bit of 3M spray adhesive. I did pick up some printable vinyl as well, could be another option if you prefer vinyl (more resilient) vs paper (more original).

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 2.03.12 PM.png

Jump Seat Decal - translation-2.png

A bit off topic, but this photo reminded me that there was originally a decal/sticker in the centre of the circle of the rear heater top. Oval I believe... I’ll post a pic if mine is still there at all.

Rainy afternoon, ripped out a cleaned up version (of the newer flavor?) digitally. Since they're just paper as OEM, you could just probably print them out and use a bit of 3M spray adhesive. I did pick up some printable vinyl as well, could be another option if you prefer vinyl (more resilient) vs paper (more original).

View attachment 2642246

View attachment 2642245
I'll take 4 in paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom