1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Saggin'

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by REZARF, Feb 5, 2004.

1. REZARF

REZARF

Howdy-

The rear of my Crusier sits around 1 or so lower than the front, it is noticable to the naked eye and to be honest it kinda bugs me. My question is how can I go about leveling out my rig?

Should I use extended shackles? I am running the TPI smokey moutain lift with 4" springs, stock length shackles and Black Diamond shocks.

Also, I just rebuilt an 8274 winch for the front and with the cable on it weighs quite a bit, will it bring the front down a bit once I add a new bumber and winch? But I am also installing a 22 gallon tank out back and that will add a lot more weight when full.

I am worried about over extending the drive shaft angle in the rear if I add much more lift. Thanks for any advice. :cheers:

Drew <><

2. IDave

IDave

Media:
    Albums:
    Mount a winch on the front.

Or, mount Junk's Momma on the front! That'll bring it down.

3. hammerhead

hammerhead

Shackle the rear then shim to regain shaft angle if necessary. Shackles won't cause slip-joint drop out.

4. REZARF

REZARF

[quote author=hammerhead link=board=1;threadid=11072;start=msg99814#msg99814 date=1076003215]
    Shackle the rear then shim to regain shaft angle if necessary. Shackles won't cause slip-joint drop out.
    [/quote]

What about vibration? Wont excessive angle give me the shakes?

Drew <><

5. hammerhead

hammerhead

That's what the shims are for. The shackles will change the pinion angle slightly so the shims are needed to correct the pinion angle. If it runs smooth now just measure the angle before you take it apart. Then, after you get the height you need, you can duplicate the prior angle with shims. It's really a piece of cake.