Rear Roof Spoiler? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello. I purchased a used 2004 LC. It does not have a rear spoiler (deflector) at the back of the roof. From what I have learned, apparently there was one available. I have found some for sale that all have an integrated 3rd brakelight. I prefer not to have to un-wire the existing 3rd brakelight and wire in one from a new spoiler. If anyone knows about an aftermarket spoiler that can be retro-fitted to the existing setup without dealing with brake light wiring -- I thank you in advance for your reply. Mike

So you just want it for aesthetic reasons?

No. It is my understanding that a spoiler can help in keeping dirt and dust off of the rear window. I had one on my FJ62 some years back also.
Funny you say this. I don't have one, haven't wanted one until this week. Parked next to a LX with one today. His back windshield was a lot cleaner overall than mine.

Salt and snow this past week where I live has gotten mine very dirty.

I guess I understand the reason for having it. Being in the south has its advantages.. besides the great roads and good weather :).

The black “wing” type spoiler is way out of production. You’ll have to keep an eye out in the classified section of the forum or check junk yards. You’ll probably find that the ones at the junk yards are in rough shape or the junk yard will want you to buy the upper hatch.

They are pushing 20 years old and a lot of them are sun baked and very brittle.

I bought one and had it painted with proper code for my ‘04 LX. It looks great but does have third light and very easy to unplug old and plug into new.

I'm not certain the spoiler helps all that much.
we have a 2000 with a whale tail and a 2005 with nothing, both still get bad, rear wiper and fluid is the best.

2 years ago? there was a discussion in the 100 tech section about this and there was an aftermarket version out of OZ.

If you don't want to deal with electrical.... you probably won't feel comfortable drilling holes in your body. The OE spoiler requires holes. Here are some aftermarket spoilers that use 3M adhesive. Better take extra care when prepping the surfaces.....

Aliexpress sell them
Thank you saudi. Mike

If you don't want to deal with electrical.... you probably won't feel comfortable drilling holes in your body. The OE spoiler requires holes. Here are some aftermarket spoilers that use 3M adhesive. Better take extra care when prepping the surfaces.....

Thank you hoser. Mike

I bought one and had it painted with proper code for my ‘04 LX. It looks great but does have third light and very easy to unplug old and plug into new.
Can you provide the manufacturer's name? Also, how did yours mount to the liftgate? Thanks

Model number WT-ABS-088

Bolted down with two screws per side and 3M double sided tape. I had a body shop guy attach mine and it is very sturdy. Looks as identical to a factory whale tail as you could get. Very pleased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom