rear quater help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
rear quarter help

Hi guys, im looking for someone local (east gta) with a fj40 with stock quarter panels.

I have purchased the steel to fabricate new quarters , but my originals were so bad they weren’t any use in creating a template.

What I’d like is someone close by that wouldn’t mind me tracing there wheel wells onto some bristle board. Ideally some one that purchaced replacement fenders and havent mounted them on the truck yet. mailing me the results. i would of course cover costs of materials and shipping

if anyone can help out let me know.

P.s. the reason I’m fabricating my own is shipping from the US is unreal on these items , and 4 wheel auto doesn’t seem to have any customer service

Last edited:
in the first pictures is what i hope to get. the second picture is a mud members attemp. the angles dont look correct to me

i also had a friend trace his but his quarter pannels must not be stock shaped as they dont look correct either.
test.JPG
rrfender.jpg

it looks like his wheel wells are cut for larger tires. the rear angle is wrong and i think there should be a bit more skin in the front.

it looks like his wheel wells are cut for larger tires. the rear angle is wrong and i think there should be a bit more skin in the front.

right :cheers:

the drawing i found here on mud and was hoping it was close to original specs. i agree with what you said . Now if i could get the correct measurements i could make my quarters and the new drawing would be here for all to use in the future.

I will make and mail you a decent temp if that would help any. Cant believe SOR or CCOT does'nt offer something like this for all the cut out fender wells out there. I would have bought one. Not to many 40s around here to compare to.

I will make and mail you a decent temp if that would help any. Cant believe SOR or CCOT does'nt offer something like this for all the cut out fender wells out there. I would have bought one. Not to many 40s around here to compare to.

Thanks , PM incoming

your missing my point. Im not trying to BUY panels, Im trying to MAKE panels.

You think they could make money by selling a template for you to make fenders from?

The exchange you just had with Todt shows why I thought you meant they should sell the replacement panels.

no i dont think there is much money to be made in a template for a largish company. be nice if someone with some skill with drafting could draw one up in 1:1 scale.

I'm doing the same thing you are, and I traced both a factory panel and a CCOT replacement panel on a large sheet of cardboard (wheel cutouts are nearly identical).

Agreed, a template, even on a graph/grid if not 1:1 would be nice for those in our boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom