Rear Quarter Panel Wiring Questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was doing some work to the Cruiser last weekend and found two things I have questions about...
First, behind the rear left quarter panel, there is a wire that has been tapped into with a Scotch Lok connector. I should investigate this further, but it's not a resistor of any kind and I was wondering if anyone else has this tap.
Next, behind the right rear quarter panel, there is a small black plastic box with two little blocks (relays of some kind?) that are revealed if the cover to this box is removed. These blocks are secured to the box with lots of plastic... I hear them click when I brake (brake lights) and when I turn on my turn signals, along with the relay behind the driver's side kick panel. This box is Toyota branded. Does anyone know what this is?

Also, additional question, if I have 22-16 AWG wire and I use a 14-16 AWG wire tap to tap into it, will there be any problems? (unrelated to first question)

Thanks in advance...

Update on this. It's the stock Toyota trailer wiring converter box. Part number 00203-00910. From factory it was wired in with a bunch of scotch-lok connectors, the connector in the left panel for left turn signal.
20180815_225649.jpg

20180815_231938.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom