Rear quarter panel space use (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Behind the passengers rear quarter panel is a huge unused void. In the past I have seen it used for water storage and sub woofers. What other creative uses has others come up with?

If anyone has pictures of a Flexitank installed in the void I would like some feedback and pictures.

I have plenty of info but dealing with soccer stuff right now. Will report back after.

I'm thinking of mounting my Viair compressor in there if I can mount it without it vibrating the truck to much. Planning on placing the detachable air inlet/filter behind the unused speaker vent.

So does an AR-15 carbine, and no, you can't see a pic.

I guess it never happened...:poof:

Last edited:
Secure mofer storage.o_O

Doesn't Wagon Gear make a storage unit for that area?

My OBA control system lives in place of the factory subwoofer, a 1500 watt inverter lives in place of the storage box and a duplex receptacle, 12 volt port and dual USB port live in place of the ash tray.

Every time I load up the truck I cringe thinking of all the wasted space in the back. I do have the left side stuffed full of stuff like spare cooling hoses, tow straps, and a shovel but the passenger side is merely wasted. I have seen some folks add a circular marine access panel but I don't think that is the best solution, I suppose it would work though. I tried to get Springtail Solutions to come up with something a while back; I certainly was not smart enough to come up with any really good ideas.

Are y'all talking about the small cubby hole or removing the whole panel? I have an LX450 so I think it's different than an 80.

Behind the passengers rear quarter panel is a huge unused void. In the past I have seen it used for water storage and sub woofers. What other creative uses has others come up with?

If anyone has pictures of a Flexitank installed in the void I would like some feedback and pictures.

I've the Flexitank, but am 200+ miles from the 80 an the moment. I'll add pics when I get back Tuesday or Wednesday. Feedback. We use it primarily for washing hands, cutting boards and utensils. I've drank from it but normally carry the drinkable H2O in a 5 gallon jerry can. It was a pain to install, it may have been just mine but the tank nut inserts didn't seem spaced properly and I could only get 3 of the 4 lined up at first. After a month or two I got the rest.

Jeff, in the CSC club has an ARB 12V compressor hidden in there as well as electric gadgets for his fridge, etc.

I keep my emergency tools, first aid kit, etc in that space

with the rear storage platform, there is still enough space on the sides to unlatch the panel and slide it up and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom