Rear Quarter panel////Protection Ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The rear quarter is a weak spot on the cruiser and Ive seen some protection kits that help prevent trail damage. Which ones are good to put on? Should I just remove that section and cut up the gas door level???

What pictures do people have of there rear quarter protection?

Nicholas

If they're already mangled, then cut them. If not, it's a tough decision, I don't know that I would trim a perfect quarter panel.
white4.JPG
rkredge.jpg
comparo.JPG

Then you can do some quarter protection:
sidebar2.jpg
rockerangle small.jpg

This really makes me think that I should go with actual quarter protection. I just bought two brand new quarter panels to rid myself of rust. Quarter panels aren't as cheap as they used to be.

bumfj60 said:
This really makes me think that I should go with actual quarter protection. I just bought two brand new quarter panels to rid myself of rust. Quarter panels aren't as cheap as they used to be.

Where did you buy them from ? How much?

Exiled,
That's some nice work right there, mmmm hmmm.....

Are those directly welded to the frame rails or did you opt for a u-bolt connection? Hard to tell from the pics...

And where did you score that sweet rear diff cage? That thing rocks! (literally I'm sure) ;)

Just curious,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Ditto on that! I just banged mine up good and the body shop is giving me a tough time on fixing it, saying they just can't do it.

I contacted cruiserparts.net to see if they could sawzall one off a donor 60, but once I do get past this, I want some protection!

dogboy2 said:
Exiled,
That's some nice work right there, mmmm hmmm.....

Are those directly welded to the frame rails or did you opt for a u-bolt connection? Hard to tell from the pics...

And where did you score that sweet rear diff cage? That thing rocks! (literally I'm sure) ;)

Just curious,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

They're not welded, just bolted through the frame using existing holes. Diff protector came from a Cruiser guy that used to sell them on the Pirate board, I'll have to go back to my receipts.

Sorry for the delay, I'v been lost on the beaches this week. I think I paid $1600 for both left and right side on ebay (bought from some Canadian fj40 store). I had been looking around for several months and the cheapest I could find was 1K each. Ebay saved my life!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom