rear pumpkin seal - instructions needed. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I've got a leak in drive shaft seal on the rear end. What's the procedure for replacing it?
Thanks guys!

~ Carl

Cool, thanks!

Make sure that you order both the piñon seal and the crush washer that goes with it. Call cruiser Dan or Beno. Both of those guys will set you straight as far as what is needed. My cheapo auto mechanic used the old crush washer which lead to another piñon seal and then ultimately enough slope to develop to require the ring and piñon gears to be replace. At the time my new mechanic could not find stock replacement so it required front and rear ring and piñon when we replace the gear with 4.56. So now I have lots of torque and low end crawl. Total bill 3800 bucks. Ouch !!!!! So the moral of the story .......DON'T SKIP THE CRUCH WASHER !!!!!!!! Jason

Whoa! Great info, thank you.

Make sure that you order both the piñon seal and the crush washer that goes with it. Call cruiser Dan or Beno. Both of those guys will set you straight as far as what is needed. My cheapo auto mechanic used the old crush washer which lead to another piñon seal and then ultimately enough slope to develop to require the ring and piñon gears to be replace. At the time my new mechanic could not find stock replacement so it required front and rear ring and piñon when we replace the gear with 4.56. So now I have lots of torque and low end crawl. Total bill 3800 bucks. Ouch !!!!! So the moral of the story .......DON'T SKIP THE CRUCH WASHER !!!!!!!! Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom