Rear passenger side carpet is wet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My rear passenger side(not the cargo area) carpet is wet.. What are the possible causes of water leak?

Last edited:
Someone spilled their beer? Window open? Door not completely shut? Rotting weatherstripping? Sunroof left open?

Or are you talking about in the cargo area? If its the cargo area I'd say its the side vent window not completely shut.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey trunk, it is water for sure.. nothing spilled, the headliner is very dry...

Have you had your windshield replaced recently? Thread on that not too long ago and that was the source.

My rear passenger side(not the cargo area) carpet is wet.. What are the possible causes of water leak?

How much rain have you had?

Have you driven through any deep water?

Have you ever had any bodywork done to that side?

Mine leaked into the carpet on a creek crossing, but the sunroof drain starts down in that area also. Make sure it's clear by using a wire or plastic tube to clear out the drain from the bottom. You'll have to access them at the rocker openings.

How much rain have you had?

Have you driven through any deep water?

Have you ever had any bodywork done to that side?

Mine leaked into the carpet on a creek crossing, but the sunroof drain starts down in that area also. Make sure it's clear by using a wire or plastic tube to clear out the drain from the bottom. You'll have to access them at the rocker openings.

its been snowing here lately, the windshield was replaced already no idea when? i bought this rig used a year ago.. how do you clean the sunroof drain?

mcalvarez73 - The rear carpet comes up pretty easily from the velcro'ed seam just behind the second row seats. I would check the side vent window as suggested above and the rear air vents (the ones behind the vent windows) to make sure they are not jammed opened. They operate on a rubber one-way flapper system. On the right side I think this will require removing the rear trim panel.

The sunroof vent goes to the front through the A-pillar I think.

There is the rear heater coil but that would have red fluid. Also check the door drains and make sure they aren't blocked backing up to another point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom