Rear Panel Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

First off, I have spent the last hour searching for the elusive threads detailing how to remove these panels and cannot seem to find them. I have found many references to this thread....
https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/381367-removing-interior-panels.html
https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series...-speakers-anything-else-while-panels-off.html

If someone could please direct me to where the thread is on removing the panel I would greatly appreciate it. I'm attempting to repair my blown sub woofer.

Thanks for the help guys!

I was under the impression that it was more than just clips holding the panel on. This is from "Re_Guderian's" post in the first thread I listed.

The interior panels come off pretty easily, once you know where the clips are. I can send you a pdf of the FSM detailing the steps. You'll need screwdrivers, a T20 Torx screwdriver, sockets for the seatbelts, and interior trim "clip removal tool". Be prepared to replace a couple of the old clips if they break during removal. The entire interior basically snaps together. There are some pics in some of the stereo install threads (to get to subwoofer).

So... am I missing something?

There are a couple of screws/bolts you need to remove first before the panel comes off. I am going from memory here and I don't have the 100 around to check so forgive me if I forget something.

1. Fold the 2nd row seats forward.
  2. Remove the bolt holding the bottom seat belt mount for the rear drivers side 2nd row seat.
  3. remove the rear hatch lower trim, this will expose another screw you need to remove for the rear panel.
  4. Remove the jack cover and possibly the jack. This will expose a plastic clip that you need to remove by pulling firmly. I remember this one so well because I couldn't find it and broke it.
  5. Remove the lower seat belt mount on the drivers side for the 3rd row seats.
  6. Remove the plastic hook near the rear hatch for the rear cargo area net if your Cruiser is equipped with one. This simply unscrews if I remember correctly.
  7. Now you should be able to start pulling on the panel and it will begin to pop off.
  8. Be careful with the wiring for aux power outlet. Once you pull the panel off a bit you will have the ability to unplug the outlet to completely remove the panel.

Hope this helps...

cypher, thank you very much! i'll try this tomorrow and report back if anything was missed (for others to reference)

You have to remove the little plastic 3rd row seat mount trim piece(s) and the 2nd and 3rd row seatbelts on whichever side you're trying to remove. Also need to pull the tailgate trim flap that drops down when you open the tailgate. Removing the side door trim plate at the bottom and pulling back the weatherstrip will help when re-installing.

I did a subwoofer swap in what seemed like minutes for a mudder.

OK, last thread resurrection for today. I've had the driver's side quarter trim panel out bunches of times, and it's pretty easy. Tried to pull the passenger side one (which has what I believe to be a factory rear DVD player behind it) and it seems like I'm failing to undo something near the DVD player . . . the FSM only covers the driver's side quarter trim panel removal, which makes me think the other side should be the same, but I don't want to pull on it like a gorilla and snap something.

And anyone have any good uses for the space taken up by that useless boat anchor of a DVD player? My kids cannot even imagine a world in which they'd watch movies while we drive, so I don't want to let them know that's in the realm of the possible . . .

I don't recall anything special with PS. Just need to disconnect wires once freed. Can I ask why your pulling? I ask because I may have short-cut if you've just a DVD or battery issue!

009 (2).JPG

I don't recall anything special with PS. Just need to disconnect wires once freed. Can I ask why your pulling? I ask because I may have short-cut if you've just a DVD or battery issue!

View attachment 2251619
Thanks—I’ll pull harder!
Had it partially out to remove the top trim so I could install a mount at the top of the c pillar for a Raingler net.

and now that seatbelt is stuck fully retracted so I’m thinking I might need to pull the retractor and stand on one leg and try different angles toget it to release the belt....

Just remember your dealing with plastic. The warmer the more pliable. The colder the more brittle.

Got it—turns out as I pivoted the tip of the trim away from the body, the long skinny storage compartment top was hitting the body and feeling like I was running into a still-secured fastener when I just had to kind of tweak everything to get it to clear. When reinstalling I put it in top-first and then got the bottom in and tucked the carpet and mat into the trim.

thanks, @2001LC

View attachment 2251619
Yes! what’s your short cut. I have been having some parasitic drain issues. Completely dead battery after 4-5 days of sitting. With everything turned off I hear wrrrr noise from that dvd player so I’m trying to remove it or cut power to it

Look for aftermarket wiring with online fuse(s), under glove box. Test which has power (to DVD) with IG key off, and pull that fuse.

043a-jpg.1498437

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom