Rear OME Springs - which ones? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for clearing up the question with utilzing the LC springs. Can I still use the OME T-bars with the rear LC springs? I am running the 866's. With that said anyone want to trade stock rear LC springs for my 866's?

your ride will be the exact opposite of mine. your front end will be stiff and the rear will be soft. I would advise to get a lower spring rate while keeping the OME springs,

Here is a chart showing the different springs

OME865 | 2" | 0-200 lbs--- I would look into these, since you have no rear bumper (correct?) and carry no additional weight they are softer and would ride a little closer to stock than the 866's.
OME866 | 2" | 200-300 lbs--- This is what you have...
OME863 | 3" | 300-500 lbs
SOF2RH | 2" | 300-500 lbs

If you want the ride back and don't have F/R bumpers/tire carriers, you should go back to OEM (Toyota) all around. Put a 30mm spacer in the back and crank the front torsion bars up an inch or so. The OME setup, even the 865's, on an empty truck result in a harsh ride. The OME's are great for high-speed dips and bumps at 35+ MPH. But around town, manhole covers, drainage dips, potholes, etc. are jarring. Keep the OME in case you want to add a rear bumper or winch up front, but for stock-weight trucks, OEM all the way.

:meh:

Question,
I have a 1999 Lexus LX470. I've replaced the AHC system with an OME heavy kit. The ride is very high, stiff and painful for my family and I. Can you guys tell me if I can utilize the same year LC rear springs and keep the OME Tbars or is there another rear OME spring I can order? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Depends on how your truck is loaded? Bumpers? Sliders? Drawers? Etc. Whatcha got?

Depends on how your truck is loaded? Bumpers? Sliders? Drawers? Etc. Whatcha got?

Besides the 3rd row and a 12 pack of beer, nothing! It's stock and I take it back and forth from Houston, Tx to Wichita, Ks often and this ride is wicked harsh on a long trip.

Besides the 3rd row and a 12 pack of beer, nothing! It's stock and I take it back and forth from Houston, Tx to Wichita, Ks often and this ride is wicked harsh on a long trip.

OUCH! Ya, the heavy setup will not be idea for that.

I think the 866's are what's buggin' you. See if your dealer will let you swap for 865's.

If you poll the folks who went from STOCK to the OME MEDIUM (T-bars and 865) you'll hear that the ride stiffens up a tad however most feel it is a nice improvement. It's more controlled and not so squishy. I thought it was a great improvement. Still a cushmobile.

I'd work toward that.

Now...when you put on the heavy kit I'd guess you lifted the front end then? If so then there's no reason you'd need rear trim packs (spacers) with the 865's. The 865's will net you almost 2-inches and that can match the front.

I know I'm the lone voice in the wilderness on this, but I have removed my OME T-bars, and 865's and gone back to stock and I'm much happier with the ride on an empty truck, both on and off-road. I still do have OME shocks, though those are about to be deep-sixed too. I wish I could find an extended length shock for the rear other than OME, but I'm gonna slap some OEM ones back on and take the travel hit (I have 30mm spacers on top of the OEM springs).

Thanks for all of the input guys. You have shed a lot of light to my situation much appreciated. I think i'm going to hunt me down a set of stock rear LC springs. Got one last question. Do you guys know if the Stock 1999 LX470 T-bars are the same T-bars on the LC?

Not the same. But not a fair comparison either since AHC system also has a "spring rate."

I might be interested in that trade. I'm just waiting on the new Slee suspension release.

Question,
I have a 1999 Lexus LX470. I've replaced the AHC system with an OME heavy kit. The ride is very high, stiff and painful for my family and I. Can you guys tell me if I can utilize the same year LC rear springs and keep the OME Tbars or is there another rear OME spring I can order? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

add:
ARB Front bumper
Slee sliders, skidplates and rear bumper
african outback rack and drawer system

Do that and the heavy kit will ride a million times better then AHC. :grinpimp:

eta

I might be interested in that trade. I'm just waiting on the new Slee suspension release.

Any idea when this is going to happen? I've also been anxiously awaiting a new lift option for the 100s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom