Rear mud flap lettering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here is a poser question.

The white lettering is fading on my rear OEM mud flaps. The lettering says Land Cruiser. What is the best way to make the letters white again?

I want something that will last. I don't know the best stuff to use since it is rubber. Any suggestions.

i once got a white "tire paint" crayon. i forget where, but it had to be some chain store.
its like a waxy stick, that will "color" your lettering.
hammer

I was thinking about this the other day...WHat about a paint pen, from a hobbie store?
I've used paint pen to mark the date and millage on the top of my oil filter, it holds up great.

I was thinking along the same lines, but I know nothing about quality paint pens.

The big problem I think is that the substrate is rubber. I wonder how well the paint pen will adhere to it?

mmw68 said:
I was thinking about this the other day...WHat about a paint pen, from a hobbie store?
I've used paint pen to mark the date and millage on the top of my oil filter, it holds up great.

Whiteout....:flipoff2:

i would think if you go to a speed shop, where guys buy things to trick out cars, they would have the marker i was talking about. it was made especially for tires
hammer

I bought a white paint pen specifically made for that purpose. Much better than the wax crayon type stuff, IMO.

Just have to be careful and not color outside of the lines!

Damn Benji I'm not sure I would admit to that...lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom