Rear Mounted Winch (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have photos of a winch mounted in the rear of their 40. I'm wanting to have a bumbper built that can mount a wich somewhat out of the way and a trail mount for gas cans and coolers. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving :beer:

could you mount it on a receiver, than you could switch it front to rear as needed

Working on one now
04CF8B04-52EB-4300-89A6-BC2E6BD1358D.jpeg
04CF8B04-52EB-4300-89A6-BC2E6BD1358D.jpeg
C84C3CE1-73B9-4B12-B71E-C6A3FF540302.jpeg

B4BF8006-91C4-4BF2-914D-3D41BDA1D505.jpeg

Does anybody have photos of a winch mounted in the rear of their 40. I'm wanting to have a bumbper built that can mount a wich somewhat out of the way and a trail mount for gas cans and coolers. Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving :beer:
Here's a shot of my rear Ramsey. It's mounted on a receiver on the under side, but intended as a permanent mount. Have a hydraulic winch on the front.

Rear Ramsey.JPG

These days you with fewer Fj40s on the road you may find yourself wheeling with non cruisers. You’ll need a winch to tow the trucks that can’t follow your route. Back when mine was stock I had two trucks that couldn’t follow me up a hill that the 40 did easily. The full size blazer couldn’t make it up even though it had a rear LSD. The ‘79 Bronco also couldn’t make the climb. On his third attempt the rear diff broke and we had to drag him back to camp. ;)

Why do you want a rear winch? I rarely need the one on the front of my cruiser.
I like to travel alone and I like to go places my phone no longer works. I need to be capable of making it out alone if possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom