Rear Motor Mount Slop (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My transmission slides left/right and I'm finally doing something about it (while putting in a 4speed). The right-rear mount hole is wallowed out, and the left-rear bolt is comically bent. I'm thinking of backing the hole with a copper plate and filling the hole with weld and re-drilling, but I'd be interested in hearing any other ideas.

Hmm, it doesn't look as bad in this image as it is when I'm staring at the actual mount.
mount.jpg
bolt.jpg

For years I've had an issue where bouncing around in the hills will allow the transmission to move enough that when in low range the TC shift lever will hit the hole in the tunnel and pop the TC into neutral. Upon disassembly of the rear motor mounts today, nothing appeared loose so I don't think the issue was just that the mounts weren't bolted tight enough.

Last edited:
IMHO I would just use new hardware and isolators and you will be fine.
most likely the isolators were completely worn out, flattened, and not tight along with the bolts, all caused the movement.

The more I'm reading about other people's experience, the more I think you're right. I'll file down the burrs and run it as-is and see how it behaves.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom