Rear main stop leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone used an oil seal stop leak additive to the motor oil?Not looking for a permanent fix for sure,but wondering if they work temporarily,say for a single trip.Don't want to do any damage to the motor using it either.Good idea or bad?I'm looking at the BARS additive.Thanks,Matt

If its just one trip is it so bad that you can't just keep topping off the oil? I've never met a stop-leak product that I thought was a good idea.

Bar s stuff work pretty good, My pops used some on his acura for some dry valve seals and it has worked great so far. not sure for rear main but i would try it, you can always drain it out if it dont work for you.

You would really not have to remove the transmission to verify if the rear main seal is leaking or if the input shaft is leaking, however, it has amazed me how many vehicles have came into the shop with a supposed rear engine seal leaking, only to find out, before removing the transmission, that the rocker cover gasket is cracked/broken/missing and leaking, A LOT.

:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom