rear locker w/out diff lock (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

forgot to mention called slee before I posted here.Guy ask if I bought part time 4x4 kit from them (welded it up my self) I said no but have bought other items. Guy says maybe you could jump a wire on cdl or something basically made me feel if your not buying were not helping or either guys on this site know how to do things to 80s that they dont makes me wonder.

When a customer (unrelated industry to truck parts) calls me with a question / problem about equipment, my first question is whether or not they bought it from me. Why should Slee, or any other vendor for that matter, be your unpaid consultant and spend 5, 10, or 20 minutes on the phone with you figuring out your technical problems? It is rude for you to assume that just because Christo and his shop are very good about answering questions and participate in this forum, that they owe you a free consultation.

You found the right spot (here) to get free advice on less than ordinary problems, but Slee's main number (or any other business owner for that matter) is not. Perhaps it would be different if you took your truck in and let them do it and charge you 1/2 hour of labor.

I'm glad you found the answer, but it pisses me off that you would attempt to slam a reputed vendor because they would not be your unpaid consultant.

Last edited:
Some years ago Slee and company spent three twenty minute sessions with me, and the only thing I bought from them was a CDL switch. Customer service and knowledge cannot be beat with Slee. When I hit the lottery I will drop my rig off for a total spa treatment.

Thanks, Christo, for all your help on the forum.

not tring to piss anyone off here. You could of simply said ground pin 15 wire on locker ecu or I dont know. Instead you ask if I bought it from u I said no but have bought other items from you actually more than one order in last couple months (abought 7 grand with varies venders since may) and some of it came your way. Dont see the problem with asking how to do a mod this simple ibcruisin answerd it without a problem as would I if I had known how and someone ask. I have a buisiness also and if I would not help someone every time money wasnt changing hands I would not be in business long.(this is how you create new customers) And Im certainly not looking for an unpaid consultant flank. I apolojize to slee if I missinterpreted our conversation .

brian894x4 heres how it works. cdl off rear drive turns cdl on both turn with this mod I can lock rear locker without engauging cdl. hope this helps.

not tring to piss anyone off here. You could of simply said ground pin 15 wire on locker ecu or I dont know.

I did not have the specific wiring manual in front of me, so no, I did not have that info readily available. I did tell you how the system works and what you have to do to achieve what you wanted.

Instead you ask if I bought it from u I said no but have bought other items from you actually more than one order in last couple months (abought 7 grand with varies venders since may) and some of it came your way.

The request re: where you bought the kit was because you indicated you had a part time kit and had some questions about it. At that point I thought we were talking about the kit and not some unrelated mod. We do appreciate all business we get, however we do ask people if they bought parts from us to rule out confusion when they call. It is simply a mater to know what we are talking about. It could be that you had questions on the actual part time kit, then I go ahead and answer based on the system we sell, then if it turns out it is a different system and I look like a dummie again.

Dont see the problem with asking how to do a mod this simple ibcruisin answerd it without a problem as would I if I had known how and someone ask.

I did not have the direct answer as to exactly what pin to ground or what wire to clip / jumper. Could I have found it yes, I did indicate that it is not something we normally do, neither do we have a write-up on it, or sell anything to accomplish this.

I have a buisiness also and if I would not help someone every time money wasnt changing hands I would not be in business long.(this is how you create new customers) And Im certainly not looking for an unpaid consultant flank. I apolojize to slee if I missinterpreted our conversation .

No problem. Just wanted to put our side out there. I thought I answered as best I could with the info I had at hand.

At one point this did have some tech value.

While I understand and appreciate both sides POV this has gone straight to chat.

AGREED. I think tis is a great mod especially if you part time 4x4 that coast basically nothing. And again thanks for the help IBCRUSIN.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom