Rear locker actuator question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Should the rear locker actuator have constant power? Mine quit making the buzzing sound and trying to diagnose. The power when the switch is on is intermentant. Is there a relay or fuse?

Should the rear locker actuator have constant power? Mine quit making the buzzing sound and trying to diagnose. The power when the switch is on is intermentant. Is there a relay or fuse?
Meaning constant power when the switch is turned on ….. it has the 4hi mod done where it tricks it into thinking it’s 4lo. Has worked well until now

Just went through all this. Switch sends momentary signal to actuator via relay in the locker ECU under glove compartment. Contacts inside the locker actuator break the motor circuit when it's locked. Constant power does go through the two pin plug to indicate that it's locked. Check your harness for breaks...I had a broken wire that wasn't showing the locker being locked. Your motor could be frozen up as well. You should see power on the two larger wires in the actuator plug (green and green/red stripe) when you turn the switch.

Just went through all this. Switch sends momentary signal to actuator via relay in the locker ECU under glove compartment. Contacts inside the locker actuator break the motor circuit when it's locked. Constant power does go through the two pin plug to indicate that it's locked. Check your harness for breaks...I had a broken wire that wasn't showing the locker being locked. Your motor could be frozen up as well. You should see power on the two larger wires in the actuator plug (green and green/red stripe) when you turn the switch.
Thanks. It’s definitely not locked, I can hear the ecu click. Wire harness does seem beat up a bit so il check that before opening it up

Thanks. It’s definitely not locked, I can hear the ecu click. Wire harness does seem beat up a bit so il check that before opening it up
The harness usually breaks by rubbing on the frame on the passenger side above the rear axle.
I would also take the actuator apart to clean it, most of the times hasn't been used for many years or is just caked with rust and mud and it will not operate correctly.

The harness usually breaks by rubbing on the frame on the passenger side above the rear axle.
I would also take the actuator apart to clean it, most of the times hasn't been used for many years or is just caked with rust and mud and it will not operate correctly.
Mechanic put the new actuator on, extended the rod and spliced the connector……. Now the 4wd and locker light doesn’t even come on. No power. I assume a fuse blew

Mechanic put the new actuator on, extended the rod and spliced the connector……. Now the 4wd and locker light doesn’t even come on. No power. I assume a fuse blew
It points out tot he wiring harness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom