Rear lights positional function? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to get new to me 1973 FJ55 on road. Fighting PO miswires everywhere. Build thread coming. As I sort out, I notice first click of headlight switch lights all four lights in rear and I have no brake lights. I note a lot of solderless butt splices at driver's floorboard. Before I dig in, can someone tell me which lights are supposed to contain which function?

Thanks,

Further investigation. All four bulbs are two element. Thats eight elements. Schematic shows two bulbs for tail and two bulbs for turn.

Thanks

I know it is a headache and going to be miserable, but I would look at a wiring schematic for that truck and test each wire with a multi-meter. I had some similar issues with mine initially and just went through the painstaking process of elimination with them by metering them out.
One thing I did have lots of issues with was grounding. You may change the bulbs out and hit the screw holes with a wire wheel to make sure they are grounding properly

can someone tell me which lights are supposed to contain which function?
73.jpg

I can and will rewire each individual element if needed. What I don't know is which rear light function shoould appear in which position. Four bulbs/two elements each. My guess--each bulb contains a taillight, then for the other four elements, outward two elements are turn, inward two are stop? That's what I don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom