Rear Lift Gate Hinges! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just purchased a hardtop and doors for my '71 40. The PO said that the top was a '76 but he had the rear liftgate for it, disassembled, so I figured he didn't know what year he was speaking of since the H/T w/ the lift gate was from the later models.

I was wrong...the guy mixed an older lift gate with a newer top and the reason it wasn't affixed was because he didn't have the hardware, ie hinges, to do it.

450 miles later, there's no looking back, but I need to get ahold of some hinges and drill a few new holes in the H/T to get the hatch on. Does anyone have any suggestions or spare hinges from a late model H/T they are willing to part with?

Any other ideas, i can't find the hinges anywhere, SOR, ebay, craigslist?

THANKS!

nlines177 said:
...so I figured he didn't know what year he was speaking of since the H/T w/ the lift gate was from the later models.

The hardtop with the lift gate is from EARLIER models (75' and earlier), the ambulance doors are LATER.

nlines177 said:
...Any other ideas, i can't find the hinges anywhere, SOR, ebay, craigslist?

The cleanest way to do it is to get the two hinges and the rear support that the hinges bolt to... it can be swapped into the LATE top and used with the liftgate, then you just need to add the liftgate latches, etc...

I have the hinges, no support...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom