Rear license plate bolts --- (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How about a source for "theft proof" screws? My license plate got "jacked" this weekend, spent all morning with Police, Registry and Tax Collector getting everything back :mad: Funny, while there, I was able to renew my Drivers License 4 mos early, therein lies the UP side :flipoff2:

For anti-theft bolts, try Honda. I worked on Hondas for years and collected lots of them. I have mostly used up my supply.
From 1979 to 1989 Honda used an air compressor by Keihin that had some unique bolts in the cylinder head. They have a slope side with a Torx bit fitting. They are 6mm x 1.0. Without the proper tool the screw cannot be removed. I have had several plates jacked, but none that had those screws in them.
Protection has little to do with alarms or devices. You need to think like the punk. If your junk is harder to pilfer than the junk parked next to it, the punk will pilfer the next car in the line. Like water running downhill, he will take the easy way.
The same works for stereos and driving lights. Be creative. Make yours harder to steal than the other guy's. Then the punk will pilfer the other guy's truck. :)

Careful of the content but I couldn't resist

CruiserDan == "Pop the interior trim panel off and see if you can work them out from behind?"

That is what I am saying. I always try to pop the interior trim off and see if I can. HEHEHEHEHE I am so sorry if I offended anyone but I couldn't let it go unnoticed...

But really it shouldn't be that hard to fix that issue with a new bumper and then you can forgo the license plate on the bumper and put it on the tire carrier. Hey there is always a blessing if you read it right to you sig. other.

My local auto parts stores offer theft-deterrent license plate screws. If not available in your area, a fastener supplier should be able to get you allen- or torx-head security bolts in the right thread/length. The security bolts have a pin in the center of the allen/torx hole, so that a special tool must be used to remove the bolt. Unlikely that the punks will be carrying that tool.

-Spike

Thanks much. Here's what I found on-line...will look around locally before I order these but they appear perfect and exactly what you suggested.

http://www.autobarn.net/cru81000series.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom