Rear knock sensor location? Cruiser Dan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I'm trying again... I'm getting a universal 330 code on my code scanner. It's an open/no signal from the rear knock sensor. I'm pretty sure I'm looking @ the front sensor, but the FSM is absolutely useless for locating the rear sensor. Anyone have any more info that's more useful than the FSM?

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Look in the wheel well from the USA driver's side. It's high up on the block above the starter.

In this pic, follow the splice wire to the rear knock sensor.

C-man is De man :D

I was gonna say between #5 and #6 (piston that is) but a picture is worth a thousand words.

BTW, I guess our "guess" for a repair wire worked out ok?

D-

Many thanks to C-Man and C-Dan! Now I can " C " it. :D

[quote author=cruiserdan link=board=2;threadid=12160;start=msg111436#msg111436 date=1077854856]

BTW, I guess our "guess" for a repair wire worked out ok?

D-
[/quote]

Seems to be working so far, or at least it's not throwing a code.

U Guys are D-men! I found it, pulled it, cleaned it and the connections, and no more Code 0330! Hoo-yah!

On a side note... the harness that the sensors tie into @ that area sure is stressed tight.. should it be that way?

Jason

pic

is the pic link broken? I also have a code 330 to fix....
thanks!
TB

Yeah, pix are gone. I'll see if I can dig the original up, but original directions are still valid :).

thanks!

I am a visual type guy, so I always appreciate pics! Plus I am a newbie LC owner, so I need all the help I can get. :) Thanks!

TimmBuck2

*1996 blown 80, 1972 Mustang Convertible, 2000 J@@P Wrangler :doh:

any luck on the pics? I will be digign into the problem today....thanks!

Timm

I sent you a picture to your yahoo address on wed.

ok, finally had a chance to look for it. found it, thanks to the pics and info! now how does it come out? I can unhook the connector, but does it pull out or screw out, and if it screws out, how the heck do I get a tool in there? Thanks...I am a f'n newbie. :)

T

Put a wrench on it. I don't remember the size.

thanks

A wrench it is. :) At least I got to take a look at the PHH while I am up there....does not look good. Not horrible, but I will be staying close to home until I can fix it....

Thanks again.

T

OK, it took a 1 1/16 deep socket and a bruised arm (and face....don't ask) but I got the rear knock sensor out. It looked ok, but I cleaned it, and the connectors then reset the codes. Started it and tan it for 10 minutes, no CIL. Pulled out of the driveway and started down the street...throttle response felt better than usual, then the CIL light came on and the throttle kinda died. I let up on the gas for a second, then the throttle response was back to what I was used to, and of course the CIL was still on. I will pul the code tomorrow, but any idea what I will need to do next? Try replacing the sensor?? Thanks...

TB

The FSM should have some diagnostics for testing the sensor itself. How does the wire look?

good

the wire looks fine. if the wires (or the sensor itself) were bad, wouldn't it trigger the CIL as soon as I started the engine??

Probably, but it could be an intermittant short.

I have reset the codes 3 times....each time it is fine while idling, but the CIL comes back after a few seconds of driving. Can you get a new one? How expensive is a new sensor? I know Autozone can order one for around $116, but I wonder if they will take it back if the new one does the same thing??

Timm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom