Rear interior lift up door LED - 200 Series (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well the light is in the mail, we shall see just how well the Australian Post works in regards to international shipments lol.

Well the light is in the mail, we shall see just how well the Australian Post works in regards to international shipments lol.

Australian Post has been consistently good in my experience of 6 or 7 items.

I ordered one too and it's on its way! I have a 2018 LC with the black headliner and black cargo door (terra interior), so I am planning to paint the grey plastic to match. Do you have plans to paint it to match? As far I know, all 2016+ have black headliners?

I ordered one too and it's on its way! I have a 2018 LC with the black headliner and black cargo door (terra interior), so I am planning to paint the grey plastic to match. Do you have plans to paint it to match? As far I know, all 2016+ have black headliners?

I have a 2019 LX 570, the back lift gate plastic is grey, the accents plastics are black so I lucked out.

Got it! I am sure I can find some interior paint that will work.

Or you could order that panel in black from your dealer or online and transfer the light and switch to it?! Or just install them on your factory panel?

Yes! I am actually thinking of transferring the light to the factory panel since it looks like it's just screwed into a the grey plastic panel. That's a great idea - thanks!

Or you could order that panel in black from your dealer or online and transfer the light and switch to it?! Or just install them on your factory panel?

Yea, I would remove them from the grey panel they come on and use that as a template for where you need to cut for the power button on your black panel and install the light and switch on it so that it matches.

That's my plan. Let me know when you receive your kit and I will keep you posted. I bet it gets to TX before MA. :)

Yea, I would remove them from the grey panel they come on and use that as a template for where you need to cut for the power button on your black panel and install the light and switch on it so that it matches.

Howdy! I received my light kit yesterday via USPS - very fast coming from Australia. The light is really nicely made - going to install it after it's dry. I painted the plate black to match the 2018 US LC200 headliner and cargo area that is black. It came out great and will take photos when I install it soon. Thanks @Brendan !!!

Howdy! I received my light kit yesterday via USPS - very fast coming from Australia. The light is really nicely made - going to install it after it's dry. I painted the plate black to match the 2018 US LC200 headliner and cargo area that is black. It came out great and will take photos when I install it soon. Thanks @Brendan !!!
Thanks, that is awesome be great to see the photo. I have sold a few to US now including yourself hopefully makes a few others interested.

Thanks for the feedback on the post also, so it must go Aus Post inside Australia then USPS once it reaches USA, funny enough it got to you quicker than if I sent something to the other side of Australia

I am still waiting on mine to arrive, I am hoping it shows up this week so that I can get in for the weekend. I look forward to seeing how yours turned out @finlayforprez.

I am going to try to install today, but may need to wait until the weekend. I would imagine you will get it any day now, as TX is closer to Australia. :) I'm not sure where mine first arrived in the US.

I am still waiting on mine to arrive, I am hoping it shows up this week so that I can get in for the weekend. I look forward to seeing how yours turned out @finlayforprez.

Hello @Tex68w and Everyone,

I got the light installed and it's VERY nice. Great job on the design @Brendan! I did paint it black and tried to match the black cargo color as much as possible, as well as the speakers on each side that are slightly more satin in color. I am not too picky, but I think it came out great. The light was super easy to install, here are a few notes from the install:

1) The opening is small, so luckily my hands are not too big and I could just barely fit them in there. If you have bigger hands, I think you may need to take off the trim. Take a look at the connection with a flashlight to get an idea of how it looks before you go in. The tab is closer to the where the wires are located than I thought, and when you press it in, it comes out fairly easily. If you are struggling with it and can't press anything in, go closer toward the wires. Here is a photo:

2) Once you unplug it from the power lift gate switch, you just plug that plug into the one on the light wiring harness, and then plug the light into the power lift gate switch. Its very easy! I then pushed the wires inside and ziptied the excess to keep it neat and tidy (I am a bit OCD 🤪). It works awesome - turns on when you activate the lift gate and turns off when it closes. Here are some photos of the final product:

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Regards, David

David, Thanks for the install tips - this certainly helps me out. My light is in the mail., Mike

Hello @Tex68w and Everyone,

I got the light installed and it's VERY nice. Great job on the design @Brendan! I did paint it black and tried to match the black cargo color as much as possible, as well as the speakers on each side that are slightly more satin in color. I am not too picky, but I think it came out great. The light was super easy to install, here are a few notes from the install:

1) The opening is small, so luckily my hands are not too big and I could just barely fit them in there. If you have bigger hands, I think you may need to take off the trim. Take a look at the connection with a flashlight to get an idea of how it looks before you go in. The tab is closer to the where the wires are located than I thought, and when you press it in, it comes out fairly easily. If you are struggling with it and can't press anything in, go closer toward the wires. Here is a photo:

View attachment 1921608

2) Once you unplug it from the power lift gate switch, you just plug that plug into the one on the light wiring harness, and then plug the light into the power lift gate switch. Its very easy! I then pushed the wires inside and ziptied the excess to keep it neat and tidy (I am a bit OCD 🤪). It works awesome - turns on when you activate the lift gate and turns off when it closes. Here are some photos of the final product:

View attachment 1921624

View attachment 1921625

Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Regards, David
Very nicely written thanks for review

I got mine in the mail today! I am running out to install it now, I'll report back with pics shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom