Rear Heavy Duty Swaybar owners got links that last? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Please elaborate.
I think this is what nukegoat meant to say:

I just realized last week that my rear sway bar drop brackets I've been running since 2005 are not long enough causing my rear sway bar to hit my lower control arm bolt/nut and shock simultaneously when flexed out. I was only getting about 10" out of a 12" travel shock.

Sadly my motivation window is very narrow when its still 100° at midnight.

Manufactured parts are done, look great and solid.
Looking to go to zinc coating the first of the week.
I changed my Whiteline swaybar bushings to quality Toyota rubber and they look great combined with the new HD set-up prototype after several thousand miles. :clap:

1567741725360.png

@LandCruiserPhil - check back with you - got an update on availability timeline?
thanks

Delay - Discovered a 1/4" detail was missed on the upper bracket. :( Brackets are currently being remade.

The good - Just finished ~400+ dirt miles in the Maze district and prototype links look excellent even after some contact.

1569865272871.png

The production 1/4" bracket is thicker than prototype pictured making if very difficult to damage.

1569865428831.png

Delay - Discovered a 1/4" detail was missed on the upper bracket. :( Brackets are currently being remade.

The good - Just finished ~400+ dirt miles in the Maze district and prototype links look excellent even after some contact.

View attachment 2095435

The production 1/4" bracket is thicker than prototype pictured making if very difficult to damage.

View attachment 2095437
I need these my whiteline eats up landtanks links on my 3rd set, and when putting in new springs yesterday pulled links and they are junk again. So Im down whenver your done.

I need these my whiteline eats up landtanks links on my 3rd set, and when putting in new springs yesterday pulled links and they are junk again. So Im down whenver your done.

Our goal is to offer something YOU cant break💪 and yes you are at the top of the list.

Due to the delays, the first batch will go out at a reduced price. Thanks for everyone patience.👏

Our goal is to offer something YOU cant break💪 and yes you are at the top of the list.

Due to the delays, the first batch will go out at a reduced price. Thanks for everyone patience.👏
theres no need to reduce price man, if its solid send it. sh(* happens.

I’m in whenever they’re ready to go.

Same here. LCPhil - Please add me to your list!

Do they have any rattle/chatter to them in the rough stuff?

Do they have any rattle/chatter to them in the rough stuff?

I have almost 1000 dirt miles of testing and so far zero noise. I went with Kelar lined heims to keep any noise to a minimum. Just finished another 300+ miles in Anza Borrego and feel we nailed it.

Pictures are from 2 weeks ago testing. Pictured at flex

IMG_4662.JPG
IMG_4663.JPG
IMG_4667.JPG

More testing from a couple of days ago.

IMG_4719.JPG

I just did a trip to the Devil's kitchen and ended up disconnecting the front Whiteline bar, just to see how the crawling would be impacted. The suspension worked well as expected but the body was rolly polly, as expected ;). On the technical stuff, this did get annoying. I was being followed by a '85 4runner with a RTT and NO sway bars. I can only imagine his body roll over the same stuff.

Still, I was able to "drift" her on the fast Butler wash dirt road with the front disconnected. I attribute this ability to throw the 80 around like an idiot to the Ironman 4x4 foam cell shocks.

Mine is the 80 on far left, and the white 4runner is on the right. I'm on a 4" lift, and Jon is on a 3" lift (I think).

gang on E-hill.jpg

I just did a trip to the Devil's kitchen and ended up disconnecting the front Whiteline bar, just to see how the crawling would be impacted. The suspension worked well as expected but the body was rolly polly, as expected ;). On the technical stuff, this did get annoying. I was being followed by a '85 4runner with a RTT and NO sway bars. I can only imagine his body roll over the same stuff.

Still, I was able to "drift" her on the fast Butler wash dirt road with the front disconnected. I attribute this ability to throw the 80 around like an idiot to the Ironman 4x4 foam cell shocks.

Mine is the 80 on far left, and the white 4runner is on the right. I'm on a 4" lift, and Jon is on a 3" lift (I think).

View attachment 2108201
What suspension are you running? Seems short for a 4" lift.
Do you have a Whiteline rear sway bar as well? My experience has been that a stiffer rear swaybar makes drifting fast corners much easier (and controlled) with or without the front swaybar hooked up. Good times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom