rear heater switch and heated seat ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
wrong time of the year to ask about heated seats, i know, but i was wondering if it was possible (practical) to use a rear heater switch (hi-low-off) to operate the heated seats (aftermarket ones with hi-low-off switch)? i'm assuming that switch will fit in one of the coin-holders. just wanted something that resembles stock.
probably a stupid question, but just curious.
-blumer

Can't say for sure but this is exactly what I have planned once summer ends. No reason why it can't be wired up especially since some brain on this forum will know the pin out of the switch.

If you can figure out the wiring it will work. Another switch option is the first gen 4runner heater switch. The switch is labeled vertically (as opposed to horizontally like our switch) and would fit in the middle console coin slot. However I am not sure the switch has back light.

I found a pair of Lexus heated seat switches that are the same oak colour and labeled properly to fit. Check ebay.

thanks! yeah, i got that same quote from mot, but i couldn't find it in me to part with that much cash for a switch i could get for probably less than $20. stock is stock, tho.
i'm no electrical wizard by any means, but if someone has an idea how to possibly get it to work, i'm all ears. there is a thread on how to wire the stock switch, if i remember correctly, when the group by for the seat heaters was going on but i don't know if that would work the same for the rear heater switch or not.
thanks again for the help.
-blumer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom