rear heater leak & phh bypass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so ive sprung a leak in the lovely metal tube above the cats. no time to do a full re & re or even a rear heater bypass this weekend. ive already done the PHH bypass so now i just have heater hose from the former PHH location up to the heater valve routing around the brake booster.

can i temporarily pinch this line to prevent coolant from going to the rear heater onto where the leak is? from my understanding, that bypass hose just feeds coolant to the heater vale, then the front & rear heaters, neither of which im currently not using. would there be air pockets created? would i have to also pinch the return line on the PS firewall? this would only be a few day band aid...ill have to run to toyota to get more red.

once i have the time, ill replace those hard lines...which brings me to another question. can the hard lines that route above the cat also be replaced with heater hose wrapped with heat shields and routed away from the cats and heatshields? the way toyota routed some of these lines...makes me just :confused::confused::confused:

thanks..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom