Rear heater core for liquid to air inter-cooler 1hd-t hdj81 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah more volume is definitely better. But I’ve found the mechanical fans do move a ton of air even at idle. Sealing up gaps that open up around the rad and bezel in these old trucks will help all aspects of cooling mind you. Yours was mechanical fan and you added an electric? Which fan did you use? I know spal makes good fans but they are a bit pricey.

I run a 1hdt mechanical fan with a modified viscous hub (thicker silicone fluid and earlier turn on). The electric fans are mounted on the back of my intercooler radiator only. I only use them when towing, so they don't get used much. I opted for some 8" Chinese Ebay ones if I remember correct. They work great for my needs. My LJ78 intercooler front radiator is 27"x7"x2".....

I have had a Spal on a previous Air/Air intercooler in a supercharged MR2 I used to own. Now that sucker moved some serious air! Better have a good alternator tho, haha. That car was mid engined which made intercooler mounting a real PITA. Stock one was over the engine and more of an interheater than anything. I ended up running piping under the engine and making a bottom mount intercooler. To this day I cringe when I see people doing top mount intercoolers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom