Rear Heater Bypass and removing rear heater lines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Yes rear heater lines can be removed with the engine in place. BUT get ready it is not easy or close to easy.

Deleted rear heater lines.JPG

Once you have your lines removed take a well deserved break.

The cleanest set up is using the LCP Bypass hose or Pre cut kit

IMG_6383.jpg

Note: We now use Gates premium Green Stripe hose not the silver stripe shown in the picture.

bypass hose.JPG

The look

IMG_8385.jpg

For plugging the holes in the floor I have seen a ton of options I used water proof electrical KO filler.

1684602006388.png

Last edited:
....or just don't remove the hard pipes and go direct to your bypass solution. Thats what i did on my '94 then pulled the heater thing under the passenger seat and fitted a rather nice amplifier. Great solution to free up space and the cold winter mornings here in florida make it an easy decision 🙄

....or just don't remove the hard pipes and go direct to your bypass solution. Thats what i did on my '94 then pulled the heater thing under the passenger seat and fitted a rather nice amplifier. Great solution to free up space and the cold winter mornings here in florida make it an easy decision 🙄
▲This▲ ...Once you start removing the pipes you become committed. The next go around Im with Irish Reiver and they will stay.

This is the route I took, used This hose kit and keep a first ad kit under the seat 😉

I recently had the LCP bypass kit arrive (thanks, @LandCruiserPhil ) and am about to install it. I have the interior out and was going to remove the heater unit from under the seat as a part of this project. I assumed I could just leave whatever plumbing that remains under the truck under there. Is that true?

I recently had the LCP bypass kit arrive (thanks, @LandCruiserPhil ) and am about to install it. I have the interior out and was going to remove the heater unit from under the seat as a part of this project. I assumed I could just leave whatever plumbing that remains under the truck under there. Is that true?
Yes, just leave the hard lines

1FZ & 3FE are different
Does this kit work for both FZJ and FJ80s?
As 1FZ & 3FE are different engines, the hose arrangement is as well

I'm in southeast AK with no rear heater. Never had a vehicle with one anyway. If I lived up north where it's actually cold, might want it. Just maybe.

Last edited:
I removed my rear heater years ago and left the section of hard lines that hide behind the engine in place but it’s not difficult to remove the lower section that’s under the floor and usually rust out in those areas of the country where our cruiser brothers and sisters actually use the rear heater. Mine sold quickly to one such member.

Last edited:
Yes rear heater lines can be removed with the engine in place. BUT get ready it is not easy or close to easy.

View attachment 3327700

Once you have your lines removed take a well deserved break.

The cleanest set up is using the LCP Bypass hose or Pre cut kit

View attachment 3327705

Note: We now use Gates premium Green Stripe hose not the silver stripe shown in the picture.

View attachment 3327712

The look

View attachment 3327714

For plugging the holes in the floor I have seen a ton of options I used water proof electrical KO filler.

View attachment 3327721
Just ordered a kit, thanks for piecing it together

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom