Rear Heat Delete kit (who has one?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

eimkeith

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
eimkeith.com
OK, I'm mid-way through replacing the engine harness and dash on my wife's 80 and realize that I didn't order a rear heat delete hose from Joey (thought I did, and honestly I usually buy stuff twice because I forget that I've ordered things nowadays) - so, does anyone have a kit that you haven't installed yet that I can swipe from you and replace when they're back in stock?

Also, what 'while-you're-in-there' repairs am I overlooking (like the rear heat delete and heater valve) that I should be tackling at the moment?

I was in the same position, then decided to go with gates 28470 (cheap on amazon or rockauto). Gives the perfect amount for both the 90° hose under heater valve, and the straight hose at the firewall. I’m okay with the extra connections, knowing they’re in good shape. Single OEM hose is nice, though. If you can’t find one soon enough, as backup you could always go the gates route and change it when they’re available.

Last edited:
OK, I'm mid-way through replacing the engine harness and dash on my wife's 80 and realize that I didn't order a rear heat delete hose from Joey (thought I did, and honestly I usually buy stuff twice because I forget that I've ordered things nowadays) - so, does anyone have a kit that you haven't installed yet that I can swipe from you and replace when they're back in stock?

Also, what 'while-you're-in-there' repairs am I overlooking (like the rear heat delete and heater valve) that I should be tackling at the moment?
Do you specifically want that single formed hose he sells, or are you open to keeping a few more connections?

I ask because I was in the same position, but went with gates 28470 instead ($10 on Amazon). Gives the perfect amount for both the 90° hose under heater valve, and the straight hose at the firewall. I’m okay with the extra connections, knowing they’re in good shape. If you can’t find a formed hose, as backup you could always go that route and change it when they’re available.

- why can't you simply install one or more OEM Toyota Genuine Parts Cooling SYSTEM service and delete caps ?

if this thought process can work let me know please

thanks
matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom