Rear hatch wiring harness question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am swapping out my rear hatch with a non rusty one. While getting to the harness I noticed a extra 2 pin plug coiled up and factory secured. It looks like it goes to possibly a 3rd rear dome light. I checked for power with my test light and it does have power. Im guessing my 92 3fe powered 80 didn't get some sort of accessory back their since its not a VX diesel. Anyone know for sure what it is for? Im thinking of using that for powering some aftermarket dome lights, and USB plugs or something back their for charging phones and such.

That may be for the third brake light your 92 doesn’t have. I went the opposite when I put a 92 hatch on my 93. Now I have no third, center brake light.

That may be for the third brake light your 92 doesn’t have. I went the opposite when I put a 92 hatch on my 93. Now I have no third, center brake light.
Weird. It does have the wind deflector which will be nice. This is a 94 hatch Im going to put on, but it has no 3rd brake light, just the deflector. The plug has power all the time, it could be the gound is a switch side because I didn't test for ground. According to spector offroads dome light catalog page their is a 3rd dome light in non us rigs.

FWIW, Toyota electrical circuits are "ground to power".

There is wiring for a third dome light on some of the earlier models, like pre-94 or 95, even US models.

I went from a 97 hatch to a 91 and the wiring is not the same, I mean connectors are same but pin arrangement must be different ,headlights on when you close pass door door ajar light crazy thing is the heater fan runs with key out of ignition. Unhooked the harness all is good just no power to anything in the hatch

There is wiring for a third dome light on some of the earlier models, like pre-94 or 95, even US models.
I saw some holes in the metal back their, but couldn't find any holes that looked right for a dome light. Maybe their is a bracket that goes on first, then the dome light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom