Rear Hatch Struts Recommendation and Parts Shortage for Automotive Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
cinematechnic.com
...So I gotta replace these rear hatch struts before the hatch slaps me upside the head... I get through the summer and most of the autumn OK, but its really staring to cool off now. You know, the whole 23.4º axial tilt thing...

Can anyone please recommend a good replacement hood strut?
YES I searched the forum.

Tangential: My neighbor where I have my workshop is a custom woodworer and owns an nice 1996 80 Series. I hadn't seen the 80 in several weeks so I asked him what happened, thinking he had sold it. No, he still has it, it's been at a mechanic's for WEEKS. I've seen news reports of parts availability causing delays in vehicle repair. Have any of you had any personal experiences with this?

No, he still has it, it's been at a mechanic's for WEEKS. I've seen news reports of parts availability causing delays in vehicle repair. Have any of you had any personal experiences with this?

yes, weekly we have issues getting parts. I work for a sand and gravel and construction company and we have issues often.
order something next day air and sometimes takes a week to get it.
small parts, big parts, it doesn't seem to matter
we waited 2 months to get cutting edges for a dozer.
we are starting to have some supply issues with filters now, air, oil and fuel.

1636208773102.png

People have had good luck with Strong Arm gas struts.
Rockauto seems to only have the right side in stock.

I got struts off of rock Auto. They aren't OEM quality or valving but the hatch isn't closing on my head in cold weather anymore.

I have been able to get all parts needed for my 100.

Just ordered the Strong Arm struts. Amazon has a few of each L / R at the moment (if the stock amount they show is real... I have no idea if it is).

Thanks for the input. Didn't want to go with one of the plethora of no-name options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom