Rear Hatch Seal Replacement options

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Yo_Han, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Yo_Han

Yo_Han

Howdy fellas!

Just got new exhaust put in on my 62 and it's dumping straight back right behind the bumper. Noticed exhaust is leaking into the cabin from the rear hatch as my seal is pretty beat. Does anyone know of a cheap solution to the main seal that goes around the entire rear gate that will seal her up airtight? Thanks in advance!

Yohan

2. slcfj62

slcfj62

Try this guy.

Weatherstrip

And if your exhaust doesn't make it all the way back, maybe turn it so it goes out the side? Carbon Monoxide is a real dangerous beast.

3. GLTHFJ60

GLTHFJ60 Rum Runnin' SILVER Star

I agree on both counts. I have Kevin's weatherstripping and it made a huge difference in how much road noise made it inside the truck as well as blocking fumes from coming in.

4. Yo_Han

Yo_Han

Great, thank you gents! If this don't cure it I will turn it to the side. Was planning on it, but with my anti-reversible shackles and 3" tubing it would coming across further back than I would like, just think it will get crunched eventually:) I found a couple bad spots and temporarily sealed them with some foam and noticed it cut down the fumes drastically, so hoping a new seal will cure it. Thanks again!

5. Yo_Han

Yo_Han

Just ordered, thanx again fellas. Happy friday!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.