Rear Hatch Respray - Any Recent Estimates? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've repaired the small rust area under the moulding myself but I know I will not be happy with my paint job since the rest of the truck is so clean. The PO rubbed the "rust stream" that drips down the rust spot as well and took the paint off where it's faded Has anybody had their upper hatch painted lately? Curious what some estimates have been. I know it will vary by region. I've got a post looking for a clean hatch to swap in but I'm also curious what the repaint route would cost.

Thanks.

I've repaired the small rust area under the moulding myself but I know I will not be happy with my paint job since the rest of the truck is so clean. The PO rubbed the "rust stream" that drips down the rust spot as well and took the paint off where it's faded Has anybody had their upper hatch painted lately? Curious what some estimates have been. I know it will vary by region. I've got a post looking for a clean hatch to swap in but I'm also curious what the repaint route would cost.

Thanks.
I'd be willing to bet $400-$500 if you have it stripped down.

The color will make a difference as well. Also if it is one of the colors that has clear coat with it.

There has been much recent discussion about the custom color spray cans and which brand are an excellent color match. I may even consider doing this myself and I don't do body work.

Yah, agree on colors. Mine is 045 White which often time gets confused with other whites. Super White for instance is MUCH brighter and whiter than 045 White. 045 White is more almond, I guess I'd say. I'll see if a hatch comes along before I have this one painted I suppose.

I'd be willing to bet $400-$500 if you have it stripped down.

The color will make a difference as well. Also if it is one of the colors that has clear coat with it.

There has been much recent discussion about the custom color spray cans and which brand are an excellent color match. I may even consider doing this myself and I don't do body work.

Yah, agree on colors. Mine is 045 White which often time gets confused with other whites. Super White for instance is MUCH brighter and whiter than 045 White. 045 White is more almond, I guess I'd say. I'll see if a hatch comes along before I have this one painted I suppose.
Have you checked with @slow95z ? He seems to get quite a few in and may have the same color. The offset in shipping may cover the work needing done.

I have not. I will hit him up. Thanks for the tip!

I don't sell based on color man... I mean I can try to match the factory color but we get so much sun here everything gets faded and would never match without a respray

Fade would actually be fine. This rig lived in Texas and Nevada so it's got some fade already, including the hatch. Be very interested to see what colors you've got.

Thanks.

Where are you currently? Shipping is out of sight right now

Columbia, Missouri. I've got access to cheap shipping which may work out. For large items, I typically will send the seller a shipping label if I can get dimensions and weight. How do you package? Thanks.

IME most hatches that had the port installed dust/wind deflector develop
rust, sooner or later, under the mounting brackets where water gets trapped around the nutserts.

Point is, to fix any rust correctly (removing the glass and the dust deflector brackets) can be labor intensive. Just to find a shop that is willing to do the work is a challenge IME.

Ditto on ensuring the shop uses the correct paint code, 045. Most shops will assume the vehicle came from the factory with clear coat and put that over the base coat, but then it won't match the rest of the vehicle.

FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom