Rear hatch latch and lock not opening (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I hoped someone could point me in the right direction. Originally I thought my issue was with the standard plastic latch part ( Toyo part # 6975914050). But now my latch is not unlocking. The lock goes up about half way and cannot be moved up all the way manual (key or by hand) or electronically. I am lucky if I get it up all the way so I can open the hatch. I am out of town for a week and I am having little luck searching for a solution on a phone. All I can find is info on that plastic part but that does not seem to be compromised. It looks fine.

Not sure it it matters or not since you can't do it manually but I got a factory laser cut key and was able to work my lock with enough wd40 to make it work but if the key isn't working I would tonk its the assembly. Might need to take it apart, sorry I can't be much help. Good luck

Thanks. Definitely not the key. My key is laser cut from the VIN so I doubt that could be it. And all of a sudden after two years? But you are right. Can’t hurt to throw some oil in there. Should have been the first thing I tried. I just assumed something broke. Can’t imagine why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom