Rear hatch installation (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
members.sounddomain.com
I have a hardtop on my '78 that I'm looking to replace the ambulance doors w/ one of the earlier flip up rear hatches. Tried a search and didnt' find anything, so I'm hoping that means that it just bolts right in.

By the looks of it, I'll have to take out the angle supports at the top of the hardtop, anything else? Are all the bolt holes on the hardtop just waiting for me to install this thing?

Thanks!

Looks like you're doing a similar thing like I am. I've gotta drill some though. Once I figure out where the positions on everything are, I'll be fine, but I'm not taking any chances with a misplaced rod.

-Chris

When my soft top ripped out, I went back to the hardtop on my 78. I had a hatch from a 72. Since I have a tailgate(aftermarket) instead of doors, I put in the hatch. All the bolt hole line up fine. You need the top piece that goes with the hatch. The only problem I ran into, is the latches at the sides have nothing to hook to on the 78 sides. Bungee cords till I buy a new soft top.

The header above the doors are different with the hatch. You'll have to dig one up someplace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom