Rear hatch height help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’ve been banging my head on the rear hatch the last week or two. I’m 6,1”. I would swear it opened much higher when I bought it, but maybe not. I did have the battery disconnected for a while a couple weeks ago, but I spent an hour looking at the vehicle settings both in the truck and in techstream and didn’t find a setting. Is it supposed to be higher than this?
977D509C-D27D-41F2-B9DF-A01D52C425EC.jpeg

I do note that the bracket doesn’t seem to go all the way up
F7F4CF76-527A-4A21-AF00-F21604B010CA.jpeg

Can you guys compare yours to this?

just push it and see if it goes up any higher, if it does then you hatch gas prop lift spring/strut is gong out. most part stores have lifetime guarantee on them.

I squirted a little WD in the inside of that inner shock.

I'm 6' 1" as well. Because of my Tacoma roof being so low I tend to duck for everything nowadays.

Here's a frame of the YouTube video I did. Looks slightly higher than yours. Ours is a 13 w 85k miles I bought last year.

Screenshot_20201019-212738_Photos.jpg

It won’t go any higher by hand. I ordered new struts anyway, I’m gonna tinker with that control arm and see if it’s adjustable.

It won’t go any higher by hand. I ordered new struts anyway, I’m gonna tinker with that control arm and see if it’s adjustable.
Please report back on that. Ideally, I'd like mine to stop slightly lower as it can hit some of the metal pieces on the garage door if I don't pull in to the right spot. I was rather surprised to find out that the max open height isn't adjustable with the usual procedure that other SUV's from Toyota and Honda usually use (press and hold the close button on the door to set the height).

Just FYI

Those struts come in many different lengths, and you could ask then to order some longer ones and see if they work better for your situation?
I'm 6'2" and I always kind of duck down, so I haven't hit my head on it yet.

Just have to watch the spoler does hit something going too high , and it's likely set level for wind gusts.

I’m curious how much higher it can go WITHOUT the strut. It might be basically maxed out, but if not, perhaps a slightly longer strut could sneak in there without preventing closure.... margo k I’ll disconnect mine out of curiosity, but I suspect it’s already basically maxed.

I don’t know about the LX, but the RX max height is adjustable. I believe via steering wheel controls and the center gauge display.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom