Rear Hatch Damage - Saveable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FishTown

TLCA Member #29560
Threads
Paint and body guys! Well… I did a stupid thing. I left my hatch open while I was backing out of my “driveway” in an alley that’s really tight and smashed it on the neighbors garage… my heart sank. All but one area of the truck is original paint and I really want to keep it that way. It’s caved in enough that the latch won’t catch. Curious what y’all think about this damage. Repairable without paint? If not, I’ll be on the hunt for a white hatch in decent shape. Would rather find another one than have to repaint.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Take it apart and fix it. Reallly until you remove the glass and remove it from the truck and
and open it up you won't know.

Take it apart and fix it. Reallly until you remove the glass and remove it from the truck and
and open it up you won't know.
I’m not confident enough to get the dent out myself. And not experienced enough to know if it’s possible to fix without paint - hence this post. I don’t think it’s necessary to remove the glass though as it’s not bent that far up (I think). I’ve thought about opening it up and taking the wiper motor and stuff out, but I still wouldn’t be knowledgeable enough to know if I can work the dent out.

I‘m pretty certain it won’t be fixed without paint. Supposing you find another mint condition
upper hatch in white, it will probably be a different shade from fade. There are repair shops that
could repair that and colour match the paint then fade it so as to be unnoticeable. That would be
the best of the best, not a back alley discount shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom