Rear hatch actuator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I got a new actuator (well a new used one) cant figure one thing to take old one out. One of the rods goes to the actuator set up but unlike the rest it is threaded in. I cannot fugure out how to preserve it and put in the new actuator. The new one does not include this piece. It connects to the hand lever.

It should have a plastic clip that rotates off of the rod, allowing the the adjuster pin to come out. Be careful, they like to break, have found replacements that work, but not perfect.

Might not be the same, but my plastic clip that Tools is describing broke this weekend. The one the connects the outside handle to the locking/latch mechanism. I just ordered 2 from Camelback toyota. If you need the other clip let me know.

It should have a plastic clip that rotates off of the rod, allowing the the adjuster pin to come out. Be careful, they like to break, have found replacements that work, but not perfect.
SO I did swing away the plastic clip. However, the sleeve you move out of the way is pushed through the hole then the pin or rod snaps through the same plastic piece. I tried pushing it through (not hard for fear of breaking it) is there a trick?

pics, dude, pics :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom