WDYD Rear Half-Door Latch Refinishing

What did you do....
I know the factory just painted them, and over the years the hoop and hook lose their paint and start to rust.

Would powder coat last longer? Well, I know it would but, it's not indestructible. Worth it or just paint them? Red Cerakote? Has anyone done something different?

20221012_212826.jpg

I painted mine for the tailgate and powder coated the spare tire one...will see how they hold up.
I had previously painted them.

View attachment 3139980
Is that the most recent? If so, I can't tell which is powder. I was looking at Cerakote. That finish has a hardness of 8H and adhesion of 5B. Probably the most durable, but it only comes matte in red.

V8FJ4078

SILVER Star
They are the tailgate painted ones I just finished, I was looking for a picture of my previously painted ones.
I will take picture of powder coat later today and post.
Durability on powdercoat....time will tell, but painted lasted 20 years last time.

Is that the most recent? If so, I can't tell which is powder. I was looking at Cerakote. That finish has a hardness of 8H and adhesion of 5B. Probably the most durable, but it only comes matte in red.

There is lots of color choices on cerakote. Unless I misunderstood your post.

I think matte is the only option though

There is lots of color choices on cerakote. Unless I misunderstood your post.

I think matte is the only option though
I was considering Cerakote as an option. Even DIY it's not cheap. I already have urethane automotive paint and red gloss powder, so no extra expense there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom